Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Half



That the strength of the fear I have, does not prevent me from seeing what I wish.
That the death of everything I believe in, does not cover my ears and mouth.
Because half of me is what I scream,
But the other half is... silent

That the music I hear in the distance
Be beautiful yet sad.
That the man I love is forever loved however distant,
Because half of me is starting
But the other half is...  longing

That the words I speak
Do not be heard as a prayer or repeated with fervor.
Only respected as the only thing left to a woman awash in feelings,
Because half of me is what I hear,
But the other half is... what  I silence

That my desire to go away becomes the calm and peace that I deserve.
That the tension that gnaws me inside be rewarded one day,
Because half of me is what I think,
But the other half is... a volcano

That the fear of loneliness gets away, and socializing with myself becomes at least bearable.
That the mirror which reflects my face shows me  in a sweet smile, memories of my childhood.
Because half of me is a reminder of what is gone,
But the other half... I don't know

That it does not take more than a simple joy to make my soul quieter, and that your silence  talks to me all the time,
Because half of me is shelter,
But the other half is... tiredness

That the art of life points me an answer, even though she herself does not know.
And that nobody tries to complicate, because simplicity is need  to make it flourish,
Because half of me is... audience
But the other half is... a song

That my madness be forgiven,
Because half of me is love
But the other half is... as well...















Oswaldo Montenegro

No comments:

Post a Comment