Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

The permanent and the temporary




Marriage is permanent... dating is temporary...
Love is permanent... passion is temporary...
A profession is permanent... a job is temporary...
An address is permanent...a stay is temporary...
The art is permanent...the trend is temporary...
Do you agree? Me neither.

A marriage that lasts 20 years but ends, is temporary. 
We are not repetitions of ourselves at every moment we are surprised by new thoughts that come to us through reading, cinema, meditation. 
What I was yesterday, the day before yesterday is already memory. Ladder won, step by step, but now what I am sure about is what matters, my decisions are worth for now, today is my day, no other.

Love forever... we cling to this illusion so hard!
But not even the love we feel for ourselves endures so long without revaluations. So we change, we have thirst to learn, to improve ourselves, to leave behind our immeasurable errors, our infirmities, our prejudices, everything we did thinking was right but that today we condemn. Love infiltrate inside us, but everything goes on in movement: you, the love of your life and what you feel. All pulsing independently and capable of straying from each other.

An address is not forever, a profession can be thrown out the window, friendship is very strong until it finds an even stronger disillusionment, art goes through cycles, and if all that is sovereign and has supreme value, it is because today we believe it. Today we are superior to the past and to the future, now is when our belief stabilizes, the need is manifested  the will is imposed... until the weather changes.

Today I make less plans and  I do not cultivate so many memories. I do not keep many papers and do not advance  much service. I move myself in a space whose size suits me, I reach its limits with my hands, that is where I install myself and live with the most possible integrity. I get less tired and enjoy myself much more. 
But I do not lose my faith by stating the obvious: Everything is temporary... specially ourselves.







No comments:

Post a Comment