Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Strip-Tease...



She arrived at his apartment at around six in the evening and felt a nervousness out of the ordinary. Before entering, she thought once more what she was going to do. It would be her first time. 
She had already gnawed fingernails of both hands, but could not go back. She rang the doorbell and on the other side of the door, he took no more than two seconds to answer. He was anxious to know what she wanted to talk to him.

He asked if she wanted a drink. She did not. 
He asked if she wanted to sit down. She refused. 
He asked what he could do for her. 
The answer: no foreplay... I want you to listen to me... simply. 

Then she began "to undress" as she had never done before. 

And then she began to undress her heart:
"I have said that you do not interest me much, but it's not true You're the most special person I have ever met... Not for being beautiful or because you think like I do about so many things, but for something bigger... and deeper than your good look and the affinity we match.  
Being my true me is what matters at least at the moment, to say what I feel. "

Then she got rid of her arrogance: 
"I do not know how I got legs to come to your house, I thought I would not dare. But now I'm here and I need you to know that:
Every song that plays you are with me listening to it... 
I share with you every word I read... 
Every moment of wonder I feel it as if you were by my side... 
You are ingrained in who I am, you have become part of my story. "

All her modesty was being undone: 
"I kiss mirrors, I hug cushions , caress myself with you in my mind. And even when the things I do are less important, such as reading a magazine or washing a stocking, I do it  in your companionship ". 

She withdrew fear: 
"I am no better or worse than anyone else, I'm just someone who is learning to deal with love. I feel that it is real. I feel it is strong and I feel that love is what we all seek and hope to find". 

Finally, the last piece fell, leaving her soul completely naked: 
"I want to live with you, but that's not why I came here.  The intention is only to let you know that I love you and I wish you think about it. 
I know love is not something you shuttle immediately, just to be kind. 
If you ever love me in the same way I love you, let me know and I'll come back and we will resume where it was left off... Because we stop here. "
And then she left the apartment feeling more womanly than ever. 













Martha Medeiros




No comments:

Post a Comment