Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

What will it be? (skin deep)


What will it be?
That fidgets within me... what happens to me?
That flows to my skin surface... what happens to me?
And that goes up my cheeks and makes me blush...
And is showed by my eyes, betraying me...
And that tightens my chest and makes me confess...
Which there's no way to hide...
And that is not right anybody to refuse...
And that makes me a mumper, makes me beg...
Which is not measured, nor ever will...
Which has no remedy, nor ever will...
And that has no prescription...

What will it be?
That happens inside me but should not...
That defies me, which is in default...
Which is like a brandy that never satisfies me...
Which is like being sick, after a revelry...
That not even the ten commandments will reconcile...
Not even all ointments will alleviate...
Not all the sorcery, not even all alchemy...
That not all the saints... what will it be?
Which has no rest, nor ever will...
Which has not fatigue, nor ever will...
That has no limitation...

What happens to me?
That burns me up inside, what will it be?...
That disturbs me to sleep, what will it be?...
That all my body tremors shake me...
That all the ardors come to stir me...
That all the sweats come to soak me...
That all my nerves are begging...
That all my organs are crying out...
And a dreadful affliction makes me beg deeply...
Which has no shame, and never will...
Which has no control, nor ever will...
What has no good behavior...
???


what will it be? (skin deep)

Chico Buarque





No comments:

Post a Comment