Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

The pain that hurts most...



Locking a finger in a door hurts. 
Hitting the chin on the floor hurts. 
Twisting the ankle hurts. 
A slap, a punch, a kick, hurt. It hurts to hit the head on the edge of the table, biting the tongue hurts. Colic, caries and kidney stone, hurt. 
But what hurts more... is missing... 
Missing a brother who lives far away... 
Missing a childhood waterfall... 
Missing the taste of a fruit that we can't find anymore... 
Missing the dear parent who has died... 
Missing a good friend I have not met anymore... 
Missing a city where I have lived... 
I miss myself, when I had more courage and no white hair... 
Missing all those things hurt... 
But the most painful longing is the longing for the beloved one...I miss the skin, the smell and the kisses... I miss his everyday presence, and even a consented absence... I could stay in a room and he in the other room, without seeing each other, but I knew he was there... I could go to the airport and he to the dentist, but we knew ourselves where. I could stay a day without seeing him, he, a day without seeing me, but we knew we had a tomorrow... 
But when the love of one ends, the other leaves a longing that no one knows how to stop... 

Longing is not knowing... 
I do not know anymore if he continues with his allergies... 
I do not know anymore if he dyes his hair... 
I do not know if he still wears the striped T-shirt that makes him look so handsome... 
I do not know if he is taking his medicines as he promised... 
I do not know if he is eating healthy and if he is still, a vegetarian...
If he still smiles, if he still works out..
If he is in love...

Longing is not knowing... 
Not knowing what to do with the days that became longer... 
Not knowing how to find tasks that make you cease thinking... 
Not knowing how to stop the tears when listening to our song...
Not knowing how to overcome the pain of a silence that fills nothing. 

Longing is wondering if he's with someone, if he is happy, if he is skinnier, if he is more handsome... 

And above all,  even not wanting to know anything about him, and try not to wonder anymore...
The love goes on... The longing doesn't vanish...
...and it hurts...





No comments:

Post a Comment